Please continue to pray for:
Proverbs 11 v2 "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom."
17. As the Prayer Group meets, fill us with Your Holy Spirit as we pray in Your Name for all the work locally, and in the wider world.
18. We pray that the whole congregation will be open to Your Word.
19. As the Lent course continues we ask for Divine Inspiration as we look this week at the window designed by Marc Chagal in Chichester Cathedral.
20. As we approach Holy Week, may we reflect on the sacrifice of Jesus as he took on our sin on the cross.
21. We continue to pray for the difficult decisions which have to be made by Government on our behalf; thinking particularly of the recent poisonings on our soil.
22. We pray for all those who protect us and ask that You will guard them from the clutches of the evil one.
23. We thank You for signs of Spring in this country, as give thanks for all the seasons. We remember Frances Brinkhurst and all she did to further Your kingdom.
24. We pray that the University Lecturers' strike may not have an adverse result on students" results as they come up to their final exams.
25. We pray for Chris as he leads us in worship today, and all those who so willingly give their time to prepare the church each week.
26. We pray that as we approach Easter that our lives may be open to all You wish to do with our hands working for You.
27. We pray for all those who are housebound, and those who are ill; may they all receive the care they need.
28. Help us not to turn away from genuine cases of hardship, and we pray for discernment where we can help.
29. We pray for our local schools as they prepare for the Easter break. We also ask that the significance of tonight's service will remind us of our part in the Easter remembrances.
30. Good Friday - we pray that there will be those who are hungry for Your Word as the church joins other local churches in the walk of witness.
31. Easter Saturday - with the gift of hindsight we pray for a day of celebration tomorrow, and that we might all give thanks.
The Prayer Group will meet fortnightly starting promptly at 10.00 am (finish by 11.00 am) followed by coffee and cakes. All welcome.
THE PRAYER CORNER - Many thanks to Robin and Pam for setting up the Prayer Corner which is now open and available for everyone. A book has been provided in which prayers for people and situations may be written each week and at the main Sunday service, the book will be offered as part of the prayers of the Church, although individual entries will not be read out. In this way, the needs of the whole community will be brought to God as part of the Church's weekly intercessions. There is also some literature available which can be used to assist with praying, or taken away. In due course there will be a bowl and some tea-light candles. We trust this resource will be of value as a place of quiet prayer and meditation for everybody.
Prayer Partners - Prayer Partner slips for each month are usually available on the first Sunday of each month in 'The Tin' on the table adjacent to the church doors. New members of the partnership are always welcome - please contact Sally Clifton.
Read pause for thought and prayer here
Pause for Thought and Prayer is a collection of thoughts and prayers from the Church notices.