Please continue to pray for:
John 17 v20..."My prayer is not for them alone, I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message "
18. We ask forgiveness for the times when we displease You.
19. Help us Lord to be ready with open hearts and minds to receive your message, and prepared to be your hands in this world.
20. We give thanks for those who are prepared to work in public service for the good of their fellow inhabitants.
21. We thank You for our Emergency Services and ask for their safety as they carry out sometimes life threatening tasks.
22. We pray for our Country and the leaders as they make difficult decisions, on our behalf. May they walk closely with You.
23. We pray for all who find themselves homeless, for whatever reason. May they realise that they are not alone.
24. We pray for all who are unable to accept constructive criticism, where the interests of the person are always paramount.
25. We ask for Your guidance as we study the scriptures and pray for the parish and the whole world.
26. We pray for any visitors to our church today, may they feel welcome and know that You are amongst us.
27. We thank You that in this country we are free to worship and to speak out on any subject.
28. We thank You for the Bible, and how it is still so relevant to how You wish us to live.
29. We pray for all political prisoners, and just decisions on their future.
30. We pray for all who are ill or suffering difficulty, known to us.
Ephesians 6 v10 "Finally, be strong in the Lord, and his mighty power"
1. As we approach the first Sunday in Advent, we pray that all the celebrations may have You at their heart.
2. We pray for Chris, Sarah and their family.
The Prayer Group will meet fortnightly starting promptly at 10.00 am (finish by 11.00 am) followed by coffee and cakes. All welcome.
THE PRAYER CORNER - Many thanks to Robin and Pam for setting up the Prayer Corner which is now open and available for everyone. A book has been provided in which prayers for people and situations may be written each week and at the main Sunday service, the book will be offered as part of the prayers of the Church, although individual entries will not be read out. In this way, the needs of the whole community will be brought to God as part of the Church's weekly intercessions. There is also some literature available which can be used to assist with praying, or taken away. In due course there will be a bowl and some tea-light candles. We trust this resource will be of value as a place of quiet prayer and meditation for everybody.
Prayer Partners - Prayer Partner slips for each month are usually available on the first Sunday of each month in 'The Tin' on the table adjacent to the church doors. New members of the partnership are always welcome - please contact Sally Clifton.
Read pause for thought and prayer here
Pause for Thought and Prayer is a collection of thoughts and prayers from the Church notices.