Please continue to pray for:
Prayer Diary for January 2019
Luke 1 v67-70 "............Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to redeem his people,..............."
5. We pray for the governors, teachers and assistants in our local schools and all Church Schools.
6. We praise God for the beginning of another year.
7. We give thanks for the beauty all around us.
8. We pray that You will lead us by Your Holy Spirit in our understanding of Your Word.
9. We continue to pray for all who are in learning, and those in teaching, may they all be conscious of Your presence.
10. We ask You to show us ways in which we can help those in need.
11. We pray for our country, that You may heal the divisions, and that we all work for the common good.
12. We ask that You will be there amongst us as we pray for this parish and the wider world.
13. May we worship You with our hearts, and receive and act upon Your Word for each of us.
14. We pray for all those in need who are trying to reach this country. We ask that You will keep them safe on their hazardous journeys.
15. We pray for the House of Parliament as they consider the wishes of their constituents in the vote for Brexit tomorrow.
16. We pray that everyone will vote for the good of the country.
17. We pray for all the homeless, whatever the reason, and ask that they will be willing, with help, to turn their lives around.
18. We continue to pray for our church, as we try to reach out to the community.
19. We pray for all the shortages in the NHS, Care Homes and Care in the Community. May each of us do what we can to help, however that maybe.
The Prayer Group will meet fortnightly starting promptly at 10.00 am (finish by 11.00 am) followed by coffee and cakes. All welcome.
THE PRAYER CORNER - Many thanks to Robin and Pam for setting up the Prayer Corner which is now open and available for everyone. A book has been provided in which prayers for people and situations may be written each week and at the main Sunday service, the book will be offered as part of the prayers of the Church, although individual entries will not be read out. In this way, the needs of the whole community will be brought to God as part of the Church's weekly intercessions. There is also some literature available which can be used to assist with praying, or taken away. In due course there will be a bowl and some tea-light candles. We trust this resource will be of value as a place of quiet prayer and meditation for everybody.
Prayer Partners - Prayer Partner slips for each month are usually available on the first Sunday of each month in 'The Tin' on the table adjacent to the church doors. New members of the partnership are always welcome - please contact Sally Clifton.
Read pause for thought and prayer here
Pause for Thought and Prayer is a collection of thoughts and prayers from the Church notices.