Please continue to pray for:
Hebrews 3 v7-8 "So, as the Holy Spirit says: Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.............."
13. We pray that we may be guided into all truths as we pray for the parish and the world today at the Prayer Meeting'
14. We pray for Eric as he takes the main service today that he will be filled with the Holy Spirit and that we shall all hear, and act upon, God's message for each one of us.
15. We pray that the people of Indonesia will receive the help they so badly need.
16. We pray also for all the areas of the world suffering conflict, and particularly for the innocent citizens caught up in this power struggle.
17. We pray for the genuine refugees who find themselves caught up in circumstances they could not have envisaged, may they hear Your voice.
18. Help us as a nation to be non-judgemental but welcoming.
19. Let us give thanks for Chris, and may his sabbatical prove to be rewarding in every way.
20. We pray for all the missions which we support as a church in 2018, and ask that we may be informed about the work they do.
21. We pray that we may continue to be a welcoming church.
22. As our local children start their half-term break, we pray that they will be able to move on to the next stage, and consider what they have learnt so far.
23. We give thanks for those times when we are able to relax with our families and friends.
24. We pray for all those who have responsible positions that can shape the future of many.
25. We continue to pray fervently for the outcome of the Brexit negotiations, may they be the outcome which is best for all concerned.
26. We give thanks that You are unchanging in Your promises"
27. We pray for all those who have the key to eternal life.
The Prayer Group will meet fortnightly starting promptly at 10.00 am (finish by 11.00 am) followed by coffee and cakes. All welcome.
THE PRAYER CORNER - Many thanks to Robin and Pam for setting up the Prayer Corner which is now open and available for everyone. A book has been provided in which prayers for people and situations may be written each week and at the main Sunday service, the book will be offered as part of the prayers of the Church, although individual entries will not be read out. In this way, the needs of the whole community will be brought to God as part of the Church's weekly intercessions. There is also some literature available which can be used to assist with praying, or taken away. In due course there will be a bowl and some tea-light candles. We trust this resource will be of value as a place of quiet prayer and meditation for everybody.
Prayer Partners - Prayer Partner slips for each month are usually available on the first Sunday of each month in 'The Tin' on the table adjacent to the church doors. New members of the partnership are always welcome - please contact Sally Clifton.
Read pause for thought and prayer here
Pause for Thought and Prayer is a collection of thoughts and prayers from the Church notices.