Please continue to pray for:
Hebrews 4 v2 "For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard it did not combine it with faith...... "
12. We ask that You would bless Sally as she leads our service today. Help us by Your Holy Spirit to hear and receive Your Word..
13. We pray for all who help get the church ready for the services and for those who help in the churchyard.
14. We pray too for all members of the PCC.
15. We continue to think about those who have been displaced by war.
16. We give thanks for all the Emergency Services in this country.
17. We pray for the work of Compassion and those in our church who support various children.
18. We pray for our Royal Family, in particular the Queen.
19. We pray for Revd Peter Francis as he leads our service today.
20. We pray that You will confirm our prayers in Your Name, whether it be by the Bible or through someone else.
21. We ask that You will help us to talk to You, just as in the Garden of Eden.
22. We pray that You will lay on the hearts of others to join us in the Prayer Group.
23. We pray about all the aspects of prayer which cement us together and further Your work.
24. We pray for Uckfield and the churches together.
25. As the Autumn term approaches, we pray for all who will experience a change in environment, may their time which has gone before them prepare them for what lies ahead.
26. We pray for a renewal of faith.
The Prayer Group will meet fortnightly starting promptly at 10.00 am (finish by 11.00 am) followed by coffee and cakes. All welcome.
THE PRAYER CORNER - Many thanks to Robin and Pam for setting up the Prayer Corner which is now open and available for everyone. A book has been provided in which prayers for people and situations may be written each week and at the main Sunday service, the book will be offered as part of the prayers of the Church, although individual entries will not be read out. In this way, the needs of the whole community will be brought to God as part of the Church's weekly intercessions. There is also some literature available which can be used to assist with praying, or taken away. In due course there will be a bowl and some tea-light candles. We trust this resource will be of value as a place of quiet prayer and meditation for everybody.
Prayer Partners - Prayer Partner slips for each month are usually available on the first Sunday of each month in 'The Tin' on the table adjacent to the church doors. New members of the partnership are always welcome - please contact Sally Clifton.
Read pause for thought and prayer here
Pause for Thought and Prayer is a collection of thoughts and prayers from the Church notices.